Indoor Air Quality Services in Santa Clarita
Improving Your Comfort & Health
The quality of the air that you breathe is very important, but unfortunately, it is often ignored or not thought about. Thankfully, air quality solutions are some of the many technological advancements accessible to us in these modern times and a primary service our Santa Clarita HVAC team provides.
Low-quality indoor air can put your health at risk, as it is a breeding ground for mold, mildew, allergens, and other airborne pathogens that can get you sick. Fortunately, our expert team at Sol-Aire Air Conditioning Co. can provide indoor air quality services in Santa Clarita with the tools and resources necessary to determine the quality of the air inside of your residential or commercial space. We can help you take the necessary steps towards a cleaner and healthier life.
What Are Signs You Have Poor Indoor Air Quality?
You may want to give our expert HVAC contractors a call if:
- You experience consistent headaches and sinus congestion
- You catch a cold or flu frequently
- Your allergies intensify when you are in your home
- You experience asthma symptoms, shortness of breath, or dizziness when indoors
- Your eyes, nose, or throat are constantly becoming dry or irritated
Poor Indoor Air Quality? Here's Why.
Do you feel like you are experiencing poor air quality in your home? There are several reasons why this could be happening, and oftentimes, it has to do with your home air conditioning, fixtures, furniture, or habits. In fact, one of the simplest yet most important ways to increase the quality of your indoor air is by changing out the air filters on your AC & heating systems every 2-3 months. If you have any pets, we recommend that you change your filters out each month. It is also important to make sure the air in your residential or commercial space is being properly circulated throughout the day.
Reasons for poor indoor air quality:
- Owning a fireplace: Having a fireplace in your space can contribute to poor indoor air quality. When your fireplace is in use, it exerts carbon monoxide. For your safety, it is in your best interest to have your fireplace checked at least every six months.
- Smoking: Smoking is a common cause of poor indoor air quality. It is best to avoid smoking indoors, as second-hand smoke can increase a person's chances of getting lung cancer by 30%.
- Poor air filters: It is best to get your air filters checked at least every three months, to ensure your air conditioning is exerting healthy air. Dirty air filters can greatly contribute to poor air quality, and can also cause potential damages to your air conditioning system.
- Mold: Excess moisture can contribute to indoor mold. If this is prolonged, your indoor air quality can suffer, and this could potentially lead to illnesses. It is important to keep humidity levels relatively low, in order to decrease the possibility of mold forming inside your home.
Keeping Humidity Under Control
Humidifiers and dehumidifiers are helpful in a variety of ways, which makes them well worth the small investment. They are important to have in any home or commercial space because they can maintain humidity levels and keep you from feeling too dry or stuffed up.
Humidifiers and dehumidifiers offer many benefits, such as:
- The reduce your risk of infections
- Your skin becomes noticeably softer
- You have fewer sinus problems
- You can heal faster
- Your houseplants are healthier
- Your wood furnishings and wallpaper are better protected
- Your heating bill decreases
- Your quality of sleep improves
UV Air Filter Services in Santa Clarita
In addition to our humidifier and dehumidifier services, our experienced team at Sol-Aire Air Conditioning Co. offers UV air filter installation, replacement, and repair services to homes and businesses throughout Santa Clarita and the surrounding areas. These specialized systems utilize the power of UV-C light to destroy microorganisms without any negative effects to people. Reducing your exposure to these contaminants will neutralize odor-causing particles as well as bacteria like E. coli—so your home stays fresh and clean all year round. We only install the best UV air filters on the market, which means you are receiving the most cost- and energy-efficient product available. Our team has extensive experience
Whether you need cleaner air or just want to know more about the quality of air in your home, reach out to our certified team. Our Santa Clarita air quality experts are always happy to help our customers improve their health and levels of comfort.
Contact us at (818) 319-4636 for more information about how you can improve the quality of your indoor air. Your comfort and health are very important to us!